Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Record system audio to logic using Soundflower

Let's start with the agreement that I must be a complete idiot.

I've found tutorials on the net to Record system audio to Logic using sound flower and it seems very simple.

I've actually got it to do what I want a few times.

I cannot for the life of me recreate my past success.

I'm at the point of madness here.

I just want to record from Chrome, etc.. any system audio, to Logic.

Please help

Drew

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 10:24 AM

1/ Set your system output on your Mac to soundflower.

(so now if you play a youtube video or a song from iTunes you won't hear anything - as it is being directed into SF).

2. In logic set your preferences->audio-> input to soundflower

and set logic's output to anything other than system settings ( built in output is fine)

3/ Create an audio track and set its input to input 1

4/ Record enable the track or you can input monitor the track. you should now be hearing whatever audio is playing on your system (from youtube or iTunes etc) ( actually monitored from Logic)

press R to record it.

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2016 10:24 AM in response to Drew777

1/ Set your system output on your Mac to soundflower.

(so now if you play a youtube video or a song from iTunes you won't hear anything - as it is being directed into SF).

2. In logic set your preferences->audio-> input to soundflower

and set logic's output to anything other than system settings ( built in output is fine)

3/ Create an audio track and set its input to input 1

4/ Record enable the track or you can input monitor the track. you should now be hearing whatever audio is playing on your system (from youtube or iTunes etc) ( actually monitored from Logic)

press R to record it.

Feb 6, 2016 8:14 AM in response to Indyuser

Hi indyuser

Thank you for the clear direction.

However, no bueno.

I did exactly what you said and nada.

I surfed around and someone mentioned to reboot so I did.

I also ran the uninstaller for Soundflower and rebooted and reinstalled.

Is there an order in which I should change these settings?

I have soundflower 2.02 which has soundflower 2ch and 64ch. It apparently is not the original soundflower as its been retired

everything up to date here as far as updates for anything and everything.

I can send screen grabs (if you're allowed to post pics on this forum) to show you I'm following the instructions to the letter.

Drew

I also read to make a Multi output device in Audio midi setup in Utilities. Doesn't seem to be the answer either

Feb 6, 2016 10:23 AM in response to Drew777

That does not look like my screen shot. We wanted to see the arrange window, track header, channel strip and the input menu options.

What we are trying to determine is what else could be different about you setup than ours. You could have different i/o assignments, software monitoring may not be on... etc... these requests for images may seem unnecessary but there is a method to the madness.

Record system audio to logic using Soundflower

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.