Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clock and battery indicator gone

Hey, I finally updated to OS X El Capitan last night. Everything is going great overall, I love the new features and the whole system runs much faster. The only problem I am having is that since I updated the clock and battery indicator are no longer visible in the status bar at the top of my screen. Anybody else have a similar issue or know how to get them back? I'm running it on my early 2013 13" Macbook Pro Retina. Thanks

Side note, is there a way to post images here? This is my first post so I'm new to how this whole thing works and I'd like to post a screenshot of what is currently showing on the status bar.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 7:48 PM

Have you went to System Preferences -> Energy Saver and ensured that the option to show battery status is enabled?

Have you went to System Preferences -> Date & Time -> Clock and ensured that the option to show the date & time in the menu bar is enabled?

8 replies

Feb 5, 2016 7:48 PM in response to JforemanMusic

JforemanMusic, yes there is a way to get the clock and battery indicators back on the menu bar. For the clock go to system preferences and load the Date & Time preference. There are 3 tabs at the top. Click on the Clock tab and you have the options to show the clock on the menu bar. For the Battery indicator go to the Energy Saver preference pane and look for the checkbox at the bottom.

Paul

Clock and battery indicator gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.