Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the battery on my refrubished MacBook Air covered under the one year warranty?

I purchased a refurbished MacBook Air in October. The battery wll not charge and while the MacBook will run while plugged in, as soon as I take out the power cord, the laptop goes dark.

I did not buy the Apple Care protection as I had purchased it on a MacBook pro several years ago. When the glass on that laptop shattered, it was not covered.

Will the one year warrantly cover the battery on this new laptop?

Thanks

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 5:51 PM

2 replies

Feb 5, 2016 6:01 PM in response to ilovesummer661

Apple-Refurbished computers are in pristine, like-new condition. They are covered by the same warranty as new, except where D.O.A. they must be returned to the source instead of exchanged locally.

You Apple one-year warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship. It can be extended (in the US) to cover three years from purchase if you sign up before the first year is done.

If you are moving your Mac around daily, you subject it to very large G-forces, and (in my opinion) you should have it covered under extended warranty for as long as Apple will sell it to you.

These warranties have NEVER covered cracked glass on MacBooks, and are not likely to. Having the glass break is not considered a defect in materials or workmanship, even if you swear it happened spontaneously.

Is the battery on my refrubished MacBook Air covered under the one year warranty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.