Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 6 can not make or receive phone calls it just freezes how can i fix it?

its been about a month and my iPhone 6 will not make or receive any phone calls and if I try to make a call it will jus freeze ands tart acing up it is the when someone tries to call me at first it would make a weird noise but now its just silent and doesn't do anything but freezes until I force shut it down. and I want to know how I can fix it if possible and also I have tried resetting my phone and taking the sims card out and also resetting the cellular settings.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2016 7:16 PM

Hi moraless___,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are not able to make or receive phone calls on your iPhone because it becomes unresponsive. Is this the only feature that does not work as expected?

I see that you have already tried restarting your iPhone and reseating the SIM card, but the issue continues. To continue troubleshooting, there are a couple of steps I would recommend.

First, close the Phone application completely.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

Once Phone has been closed, restart your iPhone again as you did previously.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue continues after these steps, please let us know so we can continue helping you troubleshoot and resolve this issue.

Best!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2016 7:16 PM in response to moraless___

Hi moraless___,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are not able to make or receive phone calls on your iPhone because it becomes unresponsive. Is this the only feature that does not work as expected?

I see that you have already tried restarting your iPhone and reseating the SIM card, but the issue continues. To continue troubleshooting, there are a couple of steps I would recommend.

First, close the Phone application completely.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

Once Phone has been closed, restart your iPhone again as you did previously.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue continues after these steps, please let us know so we can continue helping you troubleshoot and resolve this issue.

Best!

Feb 24, 2016 6:03 AM in response to moraless___

Thank you for replying. Because the previous steps didn’t help to resolve the situation, the next step I would like you to complete is reinstalling iOS on your iPhone.

Reinstalling the iPhone Operating System should not affect any of your data, but it is always a good practice to make sure you have a current backup of your devices.

iPhone - Backup - Apple Support

Once your iPhone has been backed up, follow the instructions in the next article to reinstall iOS on your iPhone. After the reinstall finishes, test the issue.

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, you can borrow one, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery mode screen.
    User uploaded file
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
    User uploaded file

iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3 again.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or won't turn on - Apple Support

Best!

my iphone 6 can not make or receive phone calls it just freezes how can i fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.