Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 magic mouse losing connection

I have 6 of the new 21" retina iMacs, all running Bootcamp with Windows 10 pro in my orthodontic office. About every 20-30 minutes, it seems that they are losing connection to the bluetooth keyboard and magic mouse 2 that came with them. It's super frustrating. I've tried different bluetooth mice/keyboards and the problem remains.

I've gone into Device Manager and made sure that Windows isn't turning off power to inactive bluetooth devices.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015), Windows 10

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 6:12 PM

11 replies

Feb 9, 2017 1:13 PM in response to Jesse Gray

I started having this exact problem just this week. BUT -- I'm not using Windows under OSX, I'm using native Windows 10 on HP machine. My bluetooth Magic Mouse has just stopped working. I have a hunch I might have received a Microsoft update overnight which has somehow queered the connection to my mouse. It's very sad, I'm having to use a Windows mouse and it's not as nice.

Feb 5, 2016 6:49 PM in response to Loner T

It seems to be using the Microsoft bluetooth drivers. I didn't manually override the default driver.

And, the option to allow it to wake the computer is grayed out (and only shows up as an option for the for the Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth). There is no power management tab under either the magic mouse 2 or magic keyboard.

Windows 10 magic mouse losing connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.