Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete my music to manage storage without connecting to my computer

I am trying to manage storage on my phone. I thought I remembered an apple employee deleting all of my music in order to free up space. When I go to manage storage I don't see the option to delete. Do you have to be connected to your computer

iPhone 5s

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 6:35 PM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2016 7:41 AM in response to dulce50

Hi dulce50,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

If you want to delete music from your iPhone to free up space, try these steps (in iOS 9):

Delete all music from your device

1. Go to Settings > General > Storage and iCloud Usage > Manage Storage.
  2. Tap Music.
  3. Under Music, swipe left on All Songs.
    User uploaded file
  4. Tap Delete.

If you delete a purchase that you haven't saved to your device, the purchase will also hide from your purchase history.

If you’re an Apple Music member or iTunes Match subscriber, you might see "Remove from My Music" instead of Delete. Removing music from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch also removes it from your iCloud Music Library. If you delete music on one device, it also deletes from your other devices. Learn how to delete media from your iCloud Music Library.

On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, if you don't make music available for offline use, it's cached using the space available on the device. The device will remove cache, and the cached music, as space is needed by the device.

Delete music, movies, apps, and other content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you've synced music from iTunes on your computer, you may need to connect your iPhone to remove it.

You can use the steps in Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes using USB to check for music synced using iTunes. After following those steps, just deselect the "Sync Music" checkbox or the checkbox next to content you want to stop syncing to your iPhone.

Best Regards.

How do I delete my music to manage storage without connecting to my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.