Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro and iphone5 using usb connection

I transferred pics from my wife's iPhone to my Macbook Pro 10.10.5. I trying to send them back. Bluetooth see's the iPhone but won't stay connected if it does actually connect. I tried the usb connect still no go. Also my wife does not get messages from my Galaxy 6 phone; but my does with her iPhone. I don't understand why Apple products are so uncompatable with the rest of the world. Don't get me wrong Apples are great I'm a musician, producer with a 8 core tower, and an old Quadra 950 that still works. And every model between those at one time for music and video production. So why connecting these two so crazy ( or is it operator error again...I definitely been there a lot over the years.

I know this rambles...please forgive me.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), iPhone5 connect

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 6:02 PM

2 replies

Feb 5, 2016 6:45 PM in response to Rayzbo

Rayzbo, to get the photos on your wife's phone you will need to sync with iTunes again. You can't manually put the photos back on the phone. First load the photos into the photos app on the mac and then perform the sync in iTunes. For the messages issue. It is my understanding that iMessages knows whether a phone it is messaging is iphone or not. If you notice that your conversations with other iPhone users are Blue and grey while non iPhone users are green and grey. I do recall seeing messages in these forums about users having friends switching to android phones and no longer being able to message them. There is a way to have them remove themselves from the imessage list. I would recommend searching these forums. So from that I would expect that if your wife has both an iphone and the Galaxy 6 then you are not going to be able to use imessages to message her on both phones at the same time. There are alternatives that will send SMS messages.

macbook pro and iphone5 using usb connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.