Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have vertical, flickering lines on the side of my screen?

I have a macbook pro, 13in with retnia display, early 2015. I purchased it in August of 2015 and have fairly careful with, have never gotten liquids on it etc. However, today my screen began flickering randomly at times, and several times there has been a solid stripe of lines, about 2 inches thick, blocking my view of the that part of the screen. Restarting the computer several times causes the solid lines to become clear and flicker rapidly. Go to mymacissues.tumblr.com to see videos of the problem if you wish. As I am typing, it has happened again. Luckily I have applecare and live fairly close to an apple store, but I would like to be able to fix the issue without having to go there. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015)

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 6:52 PM

4 replies

Feb 5, 2016 8:02 PM in response to marjaenn

sorry for hearing that and i know how frustrating is that when you being careful with your device but its still glitch out anyway

Since the site is blocked on my region (yup you know where i am) and my VPN is expired so I'm unable to watch the video, but don't worry, according to your description, you might having a

-GPU failure

-LCD cable issue (broken, not connected properly, or whatever)

-LCD damage

and you might need to go the Genius Bar to look for help since your computer is definitely in warranty. don't forget to make the reservation XD

Good luck

Jason Nvm

I have vertical, flickering lines on the side of my screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.