Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cross Dissolve changes volume - just started happening

I had live performances recorded for a band. 2 to 3 cameras plus board sound. Made multi-cam clip and put together five movies. Cross dissolves worked fine when changing camera angles in each clip.

Client decided he wanted one long clip with all the banter between songs so I copied each song onto one new timeline and extended the ends. One this new timeline many of the cross dissolves acquired a significant increase in volume. I expanded the audio from the video and am seeing one side of the audio ramping down or up, but the other side not ramping.

This only started happening when I copied and pasted these movies into a new time line.

Using version 10.2.2.

OS 10.10.5

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 6:02 PM

1 reply

Cross Dissolve changes volume - just started happening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.