Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help Me Delete Old Apps!!!!

How do I delete apps that were downloaded onto an ipad through iTunes from the pc iTunes account? I am unable to use any apps on my ipad but I cannot delete anything from my pc because I don't know how.

iPad, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 6:44 PM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2016 10:53 AM in response to VanessaV1129

If you want to delete apps from your iPad then you should be able to do it directly on the iPad : press and hold any of the apps on your iPad’s homescreen and after a couple of seconds or so they should start to shake. Then press the 'x' in the left corner to delete the ones that you don't want, and when you've finished deleting press the home button so as to stop the shaking. If you don't get the 'x' on any of the apps that you've downloaded (you can't delete built-in apps) then check that Settings > General > Restrictions > Deleting Apps isn't set 'off'.

To delete an app via your computer's iTunes, connect the iPad to your computer and select it in iTunes, and select its Apps tab

User uploaded file

And you then use the right-hand side of the iTunes screen to remove them. If you have the apps downloaded into the My Apps section of that iTunes library they should show in the listbox on the right-hand side of that screen with a Remove button next to each to remove them - click it next to one that you want to remove and it should change to 'to remove', and then click apply/sycn bottom right of the screen.

Help Me Delete Old Apps!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.