Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photo library

if I delete my photos from my icloud are they automatically deleted off of my mac book pro?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 6:54 AM

anitafromcalgary wrote:

if I delete my photos from my icloud are they automatically deleted off of my mac book pro?

Are you using iCloud Photo Library on your MacBook Pro from the Photos.app?

Then deleting the photo from the Photos.app on www.icloud.com will delete them also from the Photos library on your MacBook Pro and from any other Photos Library on other devices, that is syncing with your iCloud Photo Library.

26 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2016 6:54 AM in response to anitafromcalgary

anitafromcalgary wrote:

Are you using iCloud Photo Library on your MacBook Pro from the Photos.app?

Then deleting the photo from the Photos.app on www.icloud.com will delete them also from the Photos library on your MacBook Pro and from any other Photos Library on other devices, that is syncing with your iCloud Photo Library.

Feb 6, 2016 7:48 AM in response to Csound1

Thanks for taking over while I've been grocery shopping for the weekend!

Nothing there that needs catching. I'm just sitting there and staring at progress bars in my own iCloud Photos Library. So it was currently on my mind. 😁

I cannot do anything at www.cloud.com/Photos at all at the moment. All my Macs decided out of the blue to upload my iCloud photo library again. It looks like a perfect circular wait and deadlock - mac1 waiting for iCloud - iCloud waiting for Mac 2,, mac2 waiting for the iPhone - the iPhone waiting for mac 1.

Feb 6, 2016 8:53 AM in response to léonie

TThanks for trying to help... Photos-preferences doesn't have an advanced tab, just general and iCloud. If I go to general, summarize photos and copy items to photo library is checked, under iCloud , download originals to this Mac is checked but it's gray - I can't undo it. Nothing else is checked. If I check on iCloud Photo Library it tells me I need to buy more storage .... Hope I'm making sense.

iCloud photo library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.