Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get Apple to send me the replacement power adapter?

I'm told I have to get a free replacement for the adapter part of the Charger, but how? There's no Apple store in the country, and the nearest authorised agent is a 125 km trip away.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 8:49 PM

4 replies

Feb 5, 2016 10:33 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Been there, tried that.

It says:

1) Go to an Apple store. Sorry, there isn't one in the whole country.

or

2) Go to an authorised dealer. Sorry, it's a 125 km trip to the nearest dealer, and I'm just going that way in the near future.

or

3) Contact Apple support. They say "Sorry, your product is not covered for complimentary technical support."

If this is so serious that Apple issue a product recall (you know, electrocution, life and death, that sort of stuff), then why is it so difficult?

Feb 8, 2016 3:48 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

OK, that worked.

"Chat" (the nearest I could see to email) won't accept any queries, but waiting on a phone call and then waiting through all the Chinese (??) got me a nice man who dealt with it. Thanks for your help.

I thought it would be more efficient to put complicated stuff like long serial numbers in an email rather than try and dictate them over a dodgy phone connection, but perhaps Apple knows better.

How do I get Apple to send me the replacement power adapter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.