Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

a sound I haven't heard yet.

Just wondering if someone would be able to help me in anyway with this: Ipod touch 6th gen. iOS 9.2.1, Upon further inspection after having the well known

"lens auto focus rattle" in the rear cam catch my attn, I also discovered that there is a very, very faint, steady, continuous "ticking/clicking" sound, also located within the rear cam area as well, you literally have to put your ear up to the lens to hear it. I don't believe it to be the sound of a faulty logic board, it's not the auto focus rattle, it's almost like the sound of voltage cycling evenly at 1 tick per sec. It can be heard while in sleep mode and also with the camera disabled and wifi off. However, when wifi is switched on, the tick fades away and into the sound of the harddrive winding up. The device is a month old, hasn't been dropped or gone for a swim anywhere. Would anyone be able to please tell me if this sound is normal or something I should look further into? Thank you in advance

iPod touch, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 8:11 PM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2016 8:55 PM in response to BBOSF141

I take some of this back, I apologize, actually the ticking sounds can be heard just as easily from just placing your ear against the center of the back of the ipod. Still just as faint, but steady and even at about the pace of a clock. It's definitely not the auto focus rattle of the lens or static from the speaker, but it resembles a static-like sound, ticking from the inside center of the device, changes to a spinning-like tick when wifi is switched on.

a sound I haven't heard yet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.