Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you get one iCloud account, or an iCloud account for each device purchased?

I am trying to understand my iCloud situation. I have an iPhone 6S+, an iPad Air 2, and a new Mac. should I expect to have an iCloud account with 5gb of free storage for each of those three devices for a total of 15gb of free storage, or do I only get one iCloud account with 5gb of free storage?

Can anyone tell me the accurate answer?

THanx!

Al

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 9:13 PM

If they are all using the same ID, then 5GB. If you use a different iCloud ID for each device, 5GB each.

11 replies

Feb 6, 2016 9:51 AM in response to Al_H

No, Apple will not step in. This is a user to user support forum, and Apple does not participate here. If you feel that way, then you need to provide feedback to Apple to let them know. Go to the feedback page http://www.apple.com/feedback and click on the appropriate subject area.

At this point, if you want all data available, then you would only have access to 5GB, since each device would have to be logged into the same iCloud ID, which only affords them the 5GB free. You could get all of them on that same iCloud ID, however you would have to purchase additional space. Again, it is not based on the number of devices, it is based on the iCloud ID. You chose to either use individual IDs or a single one.

Feb 6, 2016 7:37 PM in response to Al_H

You think they are raking it in at 99 cents a month?

If you are a prolific photographer, there is a cost associated with storing that data. IMO a buck a month is a very small price to pay.

You do not have to use the cloud at all. You can easily store your photo library off camera on an external hard drive or Mac/PC.

Do you get one iCloud account, or an iCloud account for each device purchased?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.