Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

''Disc could not be found'' error, I think it is because I don't get the 1 option out of 3 when I start the process of bootcamp. I want to install Windows 10 on my iMac OS X El Capitan.

''Disc could not be found'' error, I think it is because I don't get the 1 option out of 3 when I start the process of bootcamp. I want to install Windows 10 on my iMac OS X El Capitan.

I have try many things and nothing works. Please can some one give me a solution for this problem? I don't know if this is important but I am trying to install them from a USB and my computer has CD-DVD port. There is got to be a solution!

I will tell you now what I am doing I get stuck:

1) I take my USB (I have try many USBs, and all of them are big enough) I go to Disc Utility and I erase the content inside my USB. And I select the (FAT... something) option

2) I download from the Microsoft page Windows 10 (as my tutorials say).

3) I put the .iso file that I have just download to the USB

4) I open Boot Camp Assistant. These in the first page I press ''continue'' and in the second page in all tutorial there are 3 options, in mine there is only 2, the first option is missing! I think there is the problem. I press ''continue'' and it is downloading the supporting files and after that when I press ''continue'' again the error appears ''DISC COULD NOT BE FOUND''. Even if I uncheck the second option int the second page of the boot camp process (so to not download the files again because I have them) I still get the same error.

In any other tutorial I have see or I have read they don;t have this problem. I don't know that to do? Please help!

Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 8:55 PM

5 replies

Feb 6, 2016 4:57 PM in response to Loner T

İn the past İ had windows (oldest version than windows 10) and i had installed them from USB without problem. What İ must do with the DVD and the ISO file. Because İ tried burning a DVD of mine with only the ISO file in it. Then İ did the istallation process but again İ had step into the same problem. Do you know how to make the fırat option out of three appear? Because even if İ try oldest windows it fails. All tutorials have three options as İ mentioned in my fırat text in this page. İ think there iş the problem. But İ don't know how to make it appear.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.