Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6+ has stopped responding to touch

My new iPhone 6+ has stopped responding to touch after one day. (It is a replacement, for $88, for one whose camera cracked for some reason.)

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 9:52 PM

3 replies

Feb 5, 2016 10:21 PM in response to paulfromglenview

paulfromglenview wrote:

My new iPhone 6+ has stopped responding to touch after one day.

There are situations where a passcode is required and touch will not work. For example, if you power off your iPhone and power it back on again, a passcode will be required (and Touch ID will not work) to get the iPhone started.

If there appears to be a hardware failure, and the replacement iPhone came from an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center, take it back where you got it for advice how to proceed.

Feb 5, 2016 10:31 PM in response to sberman

Let me clarify: by touch I mean the sort of thing that is required to put in passcodes. I don't mean it won't respond to fingerprints.

So yes, I can spend several hours returning to the Apple Store, but i was hoping not to devote another day to this.

Yesterday I was there when I noticed that for no good reason my camera was cracked. I had done nothing untoward.

Also, when they were explaining that the way to fix a broken glass cover on the camera is to replace the entire phone, they noticed that the old phone was bent. I gather that just to use you phone normally gives rise to these problems and then to replace them we have to pay (even with Apple Care). And this sort of replacement can only happen twice--even if I am not guilty of anything.

Having devoted half of yesterday to replacing my phone, I'm hoping I don't have to make the long trip by bus again. The phone does not respond to touch--at all. But it did for one day. I also will have to go through the process of setting everything up again.

By the way, this time I did notice a while line at the top of the screen that somebody else mentioned.

iPhone 6+ has stopped responding to touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.