Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to fix error while updating/restoring iphone 4S to iOS9.2.1

I am facing error while updating or restoring my iPhone 4S to latest iOS 9.2.1.

Each time while executing step - Updating iPhone firmware..., facing error message saying "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (-1).".

Sometime error number is 3004. I have tried this with tree different window 7 based computers, without any luck.

Any hint to fix this!!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 11:03 PM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2016 11:08 PM in response to jayla_mora

Your device or computer might have a hardware issue that stops the update or restore from completing.

1. Check that your security software and settings aren't blocking your device from communicating with the Apple update server.
  2. Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.
  3. Make sure that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.
  4. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

If you still see the error message, check for outdated or modified software.

how to fix error while updating/restoring iphone 4S to iOS9.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.