Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update issue for iPad Air 2.

Hi, I tried to update my iPad Air 2 to iOS 9.2.1 but my iPad froze during the restore process and i can't stop/undo the process. The restore process would stopped about 3/4 of the way through (at the firmware stage) and "Error 56" pop up. Now I can't use the iPad anymore because its stuck at the Apple logo or the iTunes screen. The guy at the Apple Store said it was a hardware issue but the iPad (1 year and 2 month old) was working perfectly fine without any problems before this. If anyone else experienced this and was able to fix it, I would greatly appreciate your advice on how to fix this or reverse the process. Thank you.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 8:51 PM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2016 3:21 AM in response to sberman

Thank you for the rpelt sberman. I've did these steps and every brought the iPad into the store and they said it's the hardware. The iPad is only 1 year and 2 months and in perfect condition prior to the update. If it wasn't for updating the iPad will still be working now. Does anyone here know how to fix it? Thank you.

Update issue for iPad Air 2.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.