Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When iMessage sends me to Apple.com to verify my ID, what am I expected to do?

Since about Apple update 7.0 .... I'm on 9.2.whatever now..... my iMessage on my iPad2 consistently shuts down without any notice. When I attempt to accesses the app, I get the log on screen. I enter Apple ID username and password. It then verifies for 3 - 10 minutes. Sometimes it just tells me it cannot connect to the server. Other times it states that I must verify my ID and sends me to the Apple page. I input my username (usually already pre-filled) and enter my password. My account opens and then WHAT??????? How am I suppose to VERIFY MY APPLE ID ?????? Haven't I just done that for the hundredth time this month.

I Have Reset my network settings. Anyone else having issues with iMessage? If you've resolved it, please let me know how you did it. This is so frustrating. I love iMessage when it works but that's been less and less everyday.

iPad 2, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 9:27 PM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2016 7:32 AM in response to edustys

Hi there edustys,

It sounds like either your Messages app is having trouble either keeping your iMessage info stored, or you need to verify your Apple ID. I doubt it is the latter, but if you need help finding the Apple ID verification email this article will help you out there:

If you didn‘t receive your verification or reset email

If that is not the case then I would next use these steps from the following article:

Turn off and restart iMessage and FaceTime

1. Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.

From: If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, let us know how that goes!

When iMessage sends me to Apple.com to verify my ID, what am I expected to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.