Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 5 Stopped Displaying iMessages

I have an iPod Touch 5 and an iPhone 4s and the credentials are identical on both devices. Both have the latest iOS software (9.2.1). Calls made to the iPhone appears in FaceTime on the iPod and iMessages were displaying on the iPod as well. Suddenly the iMessages stopped appearing on iPod. Does anyone know why this happened and what can be done to resolve it? Help would be greatly appreciated.....thanks in advance!

iPad 2, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 10:37 PM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2016 8:29 AM in response to Toadywot

Hi Toadywot,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, I understand that messages are not being displayed across your devices, your iPod touch specifically. To begin troubleshooting this situation, I would recommend making sure that Continuity is set up correctly on both devices.

Set up SMS and MMS with Continuity

1. You need iOS 8 or later on your iOS devices and OS X Yosemite or later on your Mac.
  2. Sign in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac.
  3. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Add a check to both your phone number and email address. Then go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding and enable the device or devices that you want to forward messages to.
  4. Look for a code on the Mac, iPad, or iPod touch that you enabled. Then enter this verification code on your iPhone.

Use Continuity to connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support

Best!

iPod Touch 5 Stopped Displaying iMessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.