Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes message: "...a computer or device that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID"

For as long as I can remember, on four different machines with two different operating systems and in three different countries, I have been getting this message immediately after buying something at the iTunes store:

Dear [my name], Your Apple ID, [my apple ID], was just used to purchase [name of the movie/song I just bought] from the iTunes Store on a computer or device that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID. You may also be receiving this email if you reset your password since your last purchase. This purchase was initiated from [my current country of residence].

[remainder snipped]

Now firstly, I am not sure how this email serves a purpose any different from the emailed receipt they send me for the purchase I just made. But I digress.

These are all machines that I am logged into, authorized with my Apple ID and are full of my iTunes library. I have made numerous purchases from all of these machines. I won't get the message twice in one day (even if I switch to a different PC or laptop), but if I wait a day or two and then make another purchase, I will get the message again.

It appears that whatever cookie or token iTunes puts on my machine that identifies a "trusted" PC is being regularly deleted.

Possibly related: whenever I connect my iPhone or iPad to any of these PCs, I'm always asked if the connected device should trust the PC it was just connected to. I can disconnect and then reconnect an hour later, and I'll get the same "do you want to trust this machine?" message.

This is not a major issue, as I merely acknowledge the email and that's that. But it does make me wonder what's going on under the hood to make iTunes think it has just been freshly installed every time I try to buy something.

Message was edited by: augratin [spelling]

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 10, null

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 10:22 PM

There are no replies.

iTunes message: "...a computer or device that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.