Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When printing photos from macbook pro to canon printer, photos have a yellow tint. Prints from memory card are just fine. How do I get rid of the yellow tint?

I have a new Macbook Pro/Retina display connected to a Canon Pixma MG7720, also new. When I print a photo downloaded on the computer, it comes out with a very yellow tint. When I print a photo directly from a memory card the photos are just fine. How can I get rid of, or adjust the color to eliminate the yellow tint? The picture on the display looks just fine also.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Canon printer

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 9:57 PM

9 replies

Feb 5, 2016 10:14 PM in response to TonyLT

Interesting, so that means that both A. Your Computer is sending the correct information to the printer and B. Your printer is properly calibrated.

I would like you to try printing out this image and tell me if it prints out fine as our final test before continuing trying to solve this problem:

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/WO3DEGMI-2w8kOQzcn2w2eHz-SY=/0x105:2012x1237/16 00x900/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_i…

It is the Google image emblem. it's a bit large (it might be a bit of an ink waster), but I just want to make sure that everything is indeed working properly.

Feb 5, 2016 10:31 PM in response to TonyLT

It could be several things honestly:

1. It could be the software that you are attempting to print the photo from sending the wrong machine code to the computer to print that Yellow tint

2. I was going to mention paper type, but you said that it prints from your sdCard just fine, so that can be ruled out completely

I think it's the particular software that you are using to print the photo but I could be wrong.

When printing photos from macbook pro to canon printer, photos have a yellow tint. Prints from memory card are just fine. How do I get rid of the yellow tint?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.