Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple's El Capitan Just Made My Life A Little More Inefficient In 2 Ways

1.) Removing the pinch to zoom on Finder icons

2.) Removing the 'Save As' option from...EVERYTHING, at least as far as I can tell (aside from my MS Office programs, of course)...and replacing it with some terrible, messy 'Copy' function.

Someone over at Apple apparently does not understand that certain features, although seemingly trivial, can play a large role, particularly in repetitive tasks that many of us have to perform on a day-to-day basis on our machines. I just don't see the reason to remove a perfectly useful, effective feature.

I'm telling you this because someone has to! ...and because my date ditched me on a perfectly good Friday night 😢

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 9:56 AM

The Save As is available by pressing Option when you click File

5 replies

Feb 5, 2016 11:49 PM in response to oshmunnies

I entirely understand it is not fun when a function disappeared but you using that all the time.

All the feedback and suggestion are always being helpful to improve a product according to how diverse everyone's prefers are

If you posing here i don't think any of the OS X engineer will see

Please try, http://www.apple.com/feedback

And thanks for making the world better XD

Jason Nvm

Feb 6, 2016 11:01 AM in response to oshmunnies

oshmunnies wrote:

2.) Removing the 'Save As' option from...EVERYTHING, at least as far as I can tell (aside from my MS Office programs, of course)...and replacing it with some terrible, messy 'Copy' function.

😢

Where are you seeing "Save As..." missing. The iWork apps are the only place that I can find it. It has been that way since about 2012 or so.

Apple's El Capitan Just Made My Life A Little More Inefficient In 2 Ways

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.