Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My safari links keep coming up with "go away"

ON following links from emails and Facebook I keep getting a message that says "go away"

MAjority of the time the link works if I go out and go back again Sometimes it takes 5 or 6 times.Thoughi have one email link that just wont open.

This is only happening on my phone.

User uploaded file

iPhone 5, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 10:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 7:36 PM

Howdy AppleConverty99,

It sounds like links you are clicking don't work consistently for you for some reason. I would start by quitting Safari:

Force an app to close in iOS

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists then I would suggest clearing the website data from the phone:

To clear your history and cookies from Safari in iOS 8 or later, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Clear History and tap Clear Cookies and Data.

To clear other stored information from Safari, tap Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.

Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.

From: Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2016 7:36 PM in response to Appleconvert99

Howdy AppleConverty99,

It sounds like links you are clicking don't work consistently for you for some reason. I would start by quitting Safari:

Force an app to close in iOS

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists then I would suggest clearing the website data from the phone:

To clear your history and cookies from Safari in iOS 8 or later, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Clear History and tap Clear Cookies and Data.

To clear other stored information from Safari, tap Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.

Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.

From: Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

My safari links keep coming up with "go away"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.