Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It's been suggested that I keep a copy of the iTunes content I've bought on my computer. How do I do this?

Hi all

I've bought a TV series from iTunes, and it's been suggested that I keep a copy of it on my computer 'because the content provider may chose to remove their programming from the iTunes Store at any time, since the content belongs to them'.

How do I do this?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 12:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 10:28 PM

Preferably you'd copy it onto your backup drive(s) and not just have the one copy on your computer - with one copy if the TV studio removes it from your store you won't be able to redownload it. You've downloaded the series onto your Mac ? If not then see if they show in the Purchased section for downloading : click on the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage

By default your iTunes library is stored under :

/Users/username/Music

Under that should be the TV Shows (and the rest of your library), you should be able to copy that folder to a backup drive(s).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2016 10:28 PM in response to snettboy

Preferably you'd copy it onto your backup drive(s) and not just have the one copy on your computer - with one copy if the TV studio removes it from your store you won't be able to redownload it. You've downloaded the series onto your Mac ? If not then see if they show in the Purchased section for downloading : click on the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage

By default your iTunes library is stored under :

/Users/username/Music

Under that should be the TV Shows (and the rest of your library), you should be able to copy that folder to a backup drive(s).

It's been suggested that I keep a copy of the iTunes content I've bought on my computer. How do I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.