Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech K811 keyboard pairs, connects, but won't tyoe; keys don't work.

Have a Mac Pro tower running OS X 10.6.8, build 10K549, which should be Snow Leopard. The computer doesn't say

Snow Leopard, it says "Mac OS Extended (Journaled) Version 10.6.8. The keyboard, Logitech K811, lists requirements

of 10.6.8 or later, so it should work, even if it's the last (oldest) version that it needs.

I can get it to PAIR, I can get it to CONNECT, but the keys don't work. It won't type anything. None of the keys do anything

whatsoever, even though the computer and the Bluetooth icon show it paired and connected. The keyboard is charged;

no low battery light showing.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 12:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 11:08 AM

Have you checked the Logitech website to see if there are software drivers that are required?

2 replies

Feb 6, 2016 12:20 PM in response to Eric Root

The user manual says (as the last step, AFTER the keyboard is "now paired") to "Go to www.logitec.com/download/k811 to download and install software for your Mac to fully activate the function keys.", so I was planning to do that. So maybe I should have done that first before pairing/connecting. I'll give it a try, 'tho it's tough/awkward doing it when the keyboard is dead. I'll try the virtual keyboard on the Mac, see if I can do it that way.

I've tried, on the Mac, two different HP keyboards as the User Manual says the Mac will accept any USB keyboard. I thought that using an adapter to convert the HP keyboard PS/2 plug to a USB plug would do the trick, but apparently not. Maybe the adapter isn't working, or maybe it HAS TO BE an actual USB keyboard with the original plug, NOT going thru an adapter.

Thanks for the tip; it's worth a shot.

Logitech K811 keyboard pairs, connects, but won't tyoe; keys don't work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.