Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple stopped supporting Microsoft silverlight which has caused videos to stop working. I have moved over to Chrome which seems to work better. I have been to to uninstall safari and then re-install to get it working again. Unfortunately OS X will not all

Apple stopped supporting Microsoft silverlight which has caused videos to stop working. I have moved over to Chrome which seems to work better. I have been to to uninstall safari and then re-install to get it working again. Unfortunately OS X will not allow me to do that. None of you articles solve these problems.

MACBOOK PRO, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 1:11 AM

2 replies

Feb 6, 2016 2:16 AM in response to KNDENG

If you do not want to use Safari: set the other browser as standard browser, and do not start Safari again. You can remove the Safari icon from the Dock.

Safari is integral part of OSX, you should not uninstall it. I suggest to download the Combo Update for your OSX and run that:

find the correct Combo update for your OSX here:

Apple - Support - Search

download it and install it.

Lex

Apple stopped supporting Microsoft silverlight which has caused videos to stop working. I have moved over to Chrome which seems to work better. I have been to to uninstall safari and then re-install to get it working again. Unfortunately OS X will not all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.