Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final cut pro x playhead question!

Hi ! I am trying to find out how to make fcpx playhead to start from my playhead or skimmer selection more than the first time. When I hit spacebar and stop the playhead I would like it to start from my first selection instead of continuing from where it stopped. When working on a clip it is very frustrating having to place the playhead again and again after stopping. Please help !

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 3:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 2:34 AM

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve. Hitting the up arrow will move the playhead to the previous edit point.

There are a variety of playback options available via keyboard shortcuts in the View > Playback menu. See if any of those do what you need.

User uploaded file

Good luck.

Russ

7 replies

Feb 8, 2016 2:51 AM in response to Russ H

Thanks Russ!

The up arrow do helps a bit but none of the functions in playback option does what I try to achieve. I come from sound design in Pro Tools and this is a default setting when you need to work on a portion of a mix. To me this would be just as useful in fcpx. You select a place for the playhead, hit spacebar to start from that same point until you are finished editing your bit. Then select a new location for the playhead to work on the next bit and so on.

In reality this means I select a point for the playhead, hit spacebar to start, spacebar to stop and spacebar once again to start from the original selection. Any way to do this ?

Final cut pro x playhead question!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.