Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove facetime on El Capitan

Hello,

Each time I boot my iMac with recently upgraded to El Capitan, it pops up annoying Messages Agent alerts asking for permission for Facetime to get access to my keychain.
I never use Facetime and I don't want it to have access to my private information.
How can I completely remove or disable Facetime?

I have tried searching all Settings but I can't find where I turn off this Messages Agent disturbing pop ups.

Thanks

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 1:41 AM

6 replies

Feb 6, 2016 1:48 AM in response to luis from Arcos

Really QUIT Facetime from the menu, grab the Dock icon of Facetime and move it off the dock while holding, wait a second while holding then let go it disappears in a puffff.

Then open SystemPreferences->Notifications select Facetime at the left, on the right uncheck all boxes and set Facetime alert style to "none". Then quit SystemPreferences.

To be sure Logout (from the apple menu), then login again.

That should do it.

remove facetime on El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.