Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding music to slideshow.

I have a slideshow in My Movies and wish to add music then burn to a dvd.Can anyone please send me an idiots steps by step guide on how to do this.I would really appreciate it.Thanks.

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 2:26 AM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2016 10:37 AM in response to Marydworcs

Hello Marydworcs,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, I understand that you would like to accomplish two different tasks. First, you would like to add music to your iMovie project and then you would like to burn this project to a DVD. If this is correct, please read over the following information to accomplish these tasks.

First, to add music to your project, read over and work through the steps located in the following article.

Add background music and sound clips - iMovie Help

Once the project is ready to be created on a DVD, use the Share menu in iMovie to export it to a file:

iMovie 10.x: Export a QuickTime file

I recommend choosing the highest setting possible for Resolution and "High" for Quality.

Additionally, let us know if these instructions don't match up to the version of iMovie you're using. (You can find the version information by choosing iMovie > About iMovie from the menu.)

Next, you can burn the exported file to a DVD using an application like Compressor (Apple's professional-level encoding software) or a third-party DVD-burning app.

You can find many third-party DVD-burning apps available in the Mac App Store. Searching “burn DVD” for example should provide several different options. Some of these apps may suit your needs, but but I'd encourage you to double check with the manufacture to be certain.

Cheers!

Adding music to slideshow.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.