Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my country and debit card and now I've lost all my purchases

I've moved from Britain to Ireland and needed to update my debit card on my apple account as my British card was out of date. I wasn't allowed to add an Irish bank card on a UK account so I swapped over, not thinking anything of it. Now it looks like I've lost every purchase I've ever made. I'm really frustrated, it's still my account so I can't work out why everything has disappeared.

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks very much.

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 3:20 AM

4 replies

Feb 8, 2016 10:25 AM in response to GroovyCookies

Nothing is wrong. This is what is expected to happen, and what Apple makes clear will happen when you change countries:

Change your iTunes Store country or region - Apple Support

• You won't see the items that you purchased from the previous country’s store in your Purchased section.
  • You won’t see the items from your iCloud Music Library that you matched, uploaded, or added from the previous country’s store.

The Purchases are not actually gone, nor are they removed from your account. They simply cannot be seen while your account is set to the new country.

If you change it back, your purchases will return. You can talk to Apple, but its unlikely anything will change.

I changed my country and debit card and now I've lost all my purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.