Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you rename PDFs in iBooks

Greetings,

I am required to read several PDFs for my graduate classes, but once they are downloaded into iBooks their titles appear as strings of numbers followed by .pdf. For example, 2164537.pdf

How do I rename the PDF?

~~ Chikana

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 4:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 12:07 PM

If you open iBooks choose on the top bar the Lists View to see the details of your books.

At the left column (named Titel) click on that line that you want to rename a book and rename it.

The second way is, if you have the book on your drive, rename it in Finder and import it in iBooks (you need to delete the old Version first in iBooks).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2016 12:07 PM in response to Chikana

If you open iBooks choose on the top bar the Lists View to see the details of your books.

At the left column (named Titel) click on that line that you want to rename a book and rename it.

The second way is, if you have the book on your drive, rename it in Finder and import it in iBooks (you need to delete the old Version first in iBooks).

How do you rename PDFs in iBooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.