Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i contact the person who reported iphone stolen

I've bought and iphone and it seems to be reported stolen. How can i contact the person who reported the iphone??

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 2:40 AM

6 replies

Feb 6, 2016 11:34 AM in response to bogdangh

bogdangh wrote:

how did you manage to buy a second hand phone without even testing it's functionality? anyway, not my business

only apple will be able to identify the owner but you need to contact them and provide model number and perhaps IMEI number.

if you want, of course, if not...you can throw it to the trash cuz it's useless.

Apple will never provide private customer information to anyone other than that specific customer, and only after verifying their identity. Apple does not get involved with returning lost or stolen devices to customers. They recommend checking to see if the device is in Lost Mode and has a number displayed on the screen to call (a feature of Find My iPhone allows the legitimate user to do this), or simply turning it in to local law enforcement.

Why do you believe that Apple would either get involved or provide the previous owner's contact information?

how can i contact the person who reported iphone stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.