Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Not Disturb... Reject calls instead of Silent !?!?!

Hi dears

I want to use "Do Not Disturb" and allow call just from my Favorites...

but when I activate this feature iPhone reject all call (except my favorites) and send busy tone and that person think that I reject him/her or I sent him/her to my black list!

but in my iPhone is written this sentence under my setting that "Incoming calls from your favorite will not be silenced (it means that other calls will be silenced not rejected)

why should I do?
I want my calls to be JUST silenced not rejected!!!!!

iPhone 5s iOS 9.2.1

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 6:42 AM

This has to be one of the most deceiving property of the Do not Disturb feature. The feature does not let the phone call ring in the background, it abruptly cuts the call on the first ring. This leads to people thinking that I am actively rejecting their calls, which is NOT the case.

Very disappointed with how this feature works.

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2017 6:42 AM in response to vahid_jam2

This has to be one of the most deceiving property of the Do not Disturb feature. The feature does not let the phone call ring in the background, it abruptly cuts the call on the first ring. This leads to people thinking that I am actively rejecting their calls, which is NOT the case.

Nov 13, 2017 6:39 AM in response to niteshreddys89

niteshreddys89 wrote:

This has to be one of the most deceiving property of the Do not Disturb feature. The feature does not let the phone call ring in the background, it abruptly cuts the call on the first ring. This leads to believing that I am rejecting someone else's calls actively, which is NOT the case.

Then talk to your carrier. It works exactly as advertised if you're using a supported carrier.

Nov 13, 2017 6:48 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

What do mean by a "supported carrier" ? Could you give me some supporting documents from apple that I can give to my carrier to prove my case ?

I recently moved from the Android operating system to the iOS ecosystem. The equivalent feature on Android works perfectly as advertised on the same carrier. This makes me cautious in continuing my adoption of the Apple ecosystem.

Do Not Disturb... Reject calls instead of Silent !?!?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.