Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad sticking

Ive had my macbook pro 13 inch retina for 2 years now and ive never had any issues. But recently the trackpads bottom left and bottom right corners have been sticking. They still work but i have to either put a bit more pressure on the clicks or use the middle of the trackpad. I cant really take it to an apple store as its an hour and a half drive and i don't trust currys/pc world. Is there a way i can fix it or would i need to take it to the apple store?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 3:44 AM

There is a possibility that the battery has expanded and is interfering with the trackpad operation. If that is the case, the battery should be replaced immediately, For a retina MBP, that is not an easy task.

If it is not a problem with the battery, it probably would require a good cleaning which you might try from the exterior. The worst case would be to open the MBP and disassemble the trackpad, clean it and then reassemble. That requires some mechanical skills and a pentalobe driver to open the MBP.

Your safest option is to make the long trip to the Apple store and have it professionally examined. The evaluation will be FREE.

Ciao.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2016 3:44 AM in response to Kyle Griffiths

There is a possibility that the battery has expanded and is interfering with the trackpad operation. If that is the case, the battery should be replaced immediately, For a retina MBP, that is not an easy task.

If it is not a problem with the battery, it probably would require a good cleaning which you might try from the exterior. The worst case would be to open the MBP and disassemble the trackpad, clean it and then reassemble. That requires some mechanical skills and a pentalobe driver to open the MBP.

Your safest option is to make the long trip to the Apple store and have it professionally examined. The evaluation will be FREE.

Ciao.

Trackpad sticking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.