Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID changed by third party then Error 53

With my respect to apple polices regarding third party hardware repairing. I had repaired my iPhone 6 with third party due to home button stop working. That time i was in my country and no any authorized service center near to me.

Recently i went to Apple store and it was my first visit to the new store in Emirates Mall, Dubai but unfortunately i was so upset after the technical guys there told me your phone not eligible to get repaired here !

Since this phone it was perfectly working fine (without touch feature) and suddenly stop working and showing iTunes screen (error 53) when i was trying to upgrade.

Do i need to drop this phone into the sea ?

iPhone 6, Error 53

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 3:59 AM

5 replies

Feb 6, 2016 5:41 AM in response to abdelbary8

A third-party, non-authorized service center opened up your iPhone, which is a violation of the terms & conditions of your device warranty.

Therefore, your iPhone is no longer covered by Apple for any service & support.

What you choose to do with it from this point is totally your decision. You violated the terms of your warranty, and therefore cannot get service from Apple.

Does that answer your question?

Feb 7, 2016 10:13 AM in response to abdelbary8

abdelbary8 wrote:

thanks for your replay TJBUSMC1973

yes it was my decision. that time i have no options to get my iphone working back due to no any near service center.

i'm expecting i will get paid for the service as non warranty covered device since nobody can do it (Error 53) !

You say there were no Apple Stores near you. This is not the only legitimate option: https://locate.apple.com/ae/en/

This will show you legitimate Apple Authorized Service Providers.

Feb 18, 2016 1:03 PM in response to TJBUSMC1973

TJBUSMC1973 wrote:

A third-party, non-authorized service center opened up your iPhone, which is a violation of the terms & conditions of your device warranty.

Therefore, your iPhone is no longer covered by Apple for any service & support.

What you choose to do with it from this point is totally your decision. You violated the terms of your warranty, and therefore cannot get service from Apple.

Does that answer your question?

However, according too Apple your post is incorrect.

If you see error 53 and your iPhone or iPad gets stuck on the 'Connect to iTunes' screen - Apple Support

If the screen or any other part on your iPhone or iPad was replaced somewhere else, contact Apple Support about pricing information for out-of-warranty repairs.

Touch ID changed by third party then Error 53

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.