Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Early 2015 Trackpad Not Working

MacBook Pro Early 2015 model, had it for around 2 weeks. Trackpad stopped working after around a week, the keyboard works fine but the trackpad gets stuck, it moves the cursor fine but every twenty minutes or so the click function stops working and it wont register any clicks for around five minutes then goes normal? The forcetouch feature also doesnt work while this is happening, I have no idea what the problem is. Also ive checked that the hardware or free 1 year applecare is still in date until April, so could I get this fixed at the store without having to pay? Im currently on Yosemie 10.10.5, Could this be the issue?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 4:47 AM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2016 11:25 AM in response to Charlie Ritchie

Howdy Charlie,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I gather, there's an issue with the Force Touch trackpad not responding intermittently on your MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) which has OS X Yosemite installed on it. As described in the article below, this issue is most likely occurring because an incompatible version of OS X is installed on your Mac.

Use the version of OS X that came with your Mac, or a compatible newer version - Apple Support

Try reinstalling OS X El Capitan on your Mac as shown here:

How to reinstall OS X on your Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

MacBook Pro Early 2015 Trackpad Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.