Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.2.1 update messed up my iPhone 5S

How can I downgrade back to iOS 9.2.? Or when is the next update? Or when are they going to fix this problem? I see that alot of people have different kind of problems with this update.. With iOS 9.2.1. I have problems with opening my emails, snapchat, facebook let's just say almost everything. Everything crashes and the app immediately close. Also after the update I lost more than half of my pictures and they aren't coming back.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 5:53 AM

6 replies

Feb 7, 2016 10:16 AM in response to SNTNCHEN

My point was that if you had been making backups, as directed by Apple before you update, and importing pictures, as recommended by, well, everyone, then you'd have no missing data at all.

iOS 9.2.1 runs perfectly fine on multiple devices I administrate, including some iPhone 4S units.

You might have a data or hardware problem, but what you've described isn't isolated specifically to the software yet.

Make a backup of whatever you have on your device, then restore it as new via iTunes, then test the issue.

Feb 7, 2016 1:09 PM in response to TJBUSMC1973

Okay gonna say it again, the problem is not making back ups since I do that almost everyday. So on the day that I updated my phone it was already backed up the night before. Because like I said in my post this all started after the update. So the chances of a data or hardware problem is very small since this all happenend after the update.

Also the new update might run for you perfectly but I see enough people complaining about it. So you saying that it runs perfectly fine thats just you. Like I said in my post, everytime I open my email, fb or whatsapp or any kind of app and keeps on crashing, so basically I can't even open anything. And also when I delete pictures it keeps coming back, and this all happenend after the update. Because before all this my phone just worked fine.

Feb 8, 2016 4:36 AM in response to SNTNCHEN

Regardless of what you believe, it is entirely possible for the data in your backup to be contributing or causing this problem. Just because it's 'always worked' doesn't mean that something hasn't changed regarding the data in your backup.

Let me explain it this way: The iOS version you are running (9.2.1) is currently running in millions of other devices. It is 100.00% identical to every other iOS 9.2.1 software running on all other iPhone 5S units. The only possible difference between them is a faulty installation of the software, which is fixed by reinstalling it.

The difference between the data in your backups from even a few days ago to now is far greater than any possible variance in the software between your device and any other 9.2.1 iPhone 5S. mathematically & technically speaking, it is far more likely that your data/backup is causing an issue than the iOS.

Stating that you see other people complaining about it isn't viable evidence or troubleshooting.

If I go to a hospital, I'm going to see a lot of sick people. It would be faulty logic to then deduce that there are also a lot of sick people out in the city.

If I go to a bar, I'm going to see a lot of people drinking. It would be faulty logic to then deduce that the same percentage of people out in the city are also drinking.

If I go to a prison, I'm going to see a lot of people behind bars. It would be faulty logic to then deduce that there are a lot of criminals out in the city.

If I got to an internet forum that specializes in helping people get technical assistance for their iPhones, I'm going to see a lot of people with problems with their devices. It would be faulty logic to then deduce that the same percentage of iPhone users in the world are having the same issues.

Once again: Make a backup of whatever you have on your device, then restore it as new via iTunes, then test the issue.

You came here for technical assistance, yes? Then, why are you unwilling to follow some simple recommendations?

Do you want to try to get your device to work properly, or do you simply want to complain and do nothing?

iOS 9.2.1 update messed up my iPhone 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.