Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 6th gen-Apple Music

I just picked up iPod Touch 6th gen, when I sync I am getting a couple of error messages " cannot be used on iPod" "enable Apple Music", I do have it enabled - at least I think I do as other songs will work - reason for the purchase of the Touch is so that I could put all songs on it - all songs have either been purchased on iTunes or thru Apple Music.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 3:27 AM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2016 3:44 AM in response to tracyfromcudahy

Just what are you trying to do?

You can't sync Apple Music from your computer to any device.

From the manual:

Apple Music

As an Apple Music member you can listen to dozens of hand-curated ad-free radio stations and create your own stations, all with unlimited skips. You can also access millions of songs for streaming and offline play, receive recommendations from music experts and artists, and share playlists among friends.

Members and nonmembers alike can also listen to music stored on iPod touch, access iTunes purchases available through Family Sharing, stream previous iTunes purchases to iPod touch, enjoy content posted directly by artists, and listen to Beats 1 radio. You can also play tracks identified by iTunes Match, if you have an iTunes Match subscription.

Join Apple Music. You can join Apple Music when you first open Music, or later in Settings > Music > Join Apple Music.

Note: You can play Apple Music and Radio tracks on only one device at a time unless you have an Apple Music Family Membership, which lets you play music on multiple devices. If you end your Apple Music membership, you can no longer stream Apple Music tracks or play Apple Music tracks saved for offline play.

iPod 6th gen-Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.