Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Radio not working properly after upgrade to iOS9.2.1

im experiencing the following issue since upgrading to 9.2.1

when I open my music and navigate to the radio option, I click on one of my custom stations and it opens as if it's going to play, immediately reverts to the main music screen and then an ad for Apple Music pops up. The same happens when I try to load any station except for Beats 1 and NPR(which I don't listen to, I just clicked to test).

I Have tried to restart my phone, use wifi or cellular data, but it keeps happening. This started as soon as I updated my software.

I have an iPhone 6, if that changes anything.

HAs has anyone else experienced this issue, any luck fixing it? Am I out of luck till the next update?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 6:07 AM

IT has nothing to do with the update. Apple no longer offers free iTunes Radio other than Beats and one or two other stations. You need to subscribe to Apple Music if you want iTunes radio.

http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/29/apple-ends-free-itunes-radio/

4 replies

Feb 6, 2016 8:36 AM in response to Jerodblackman

I think this really stinks since I was previously able to listen commercial free because I subscribe to iTunes Match. I feel this was a feature pulled out of Match. I just disabled auto-renew on my iTunes Match subscription as a result. I am a loyal Spotify user but was experimenting with Apple Radio at times.

This will just make me less likely ever to run iTunes in the future. Bad move Apple!

iTunes Radio not working properly after upgrade to iOS9.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.