Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac app store purchases not showing

Purchased a MacPro Mid 2010 running 10.11.3. Removed hard drive from my MacPro 2008, running 10.11.3 and put into 2010 model. Apps are not showing up in Purchases on the 2010 but still show up on the 2008 (which I cloned the drive and inserted so both drives are identical created by me not the old owner). Maybe a model number issue?

The error: Update unavailable with this Apple ID. This update is not available for this ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled. I am signed in under the correct Apple ID and all computers/devices have been authorized. I have receipts of the purchases and they have gone through my credit card.

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), Mid 2010 and Early 2008

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 5:58 AM

2 replies

Feb 6, 2016 7:13 AM in response to 4injas

Apps are locked to the ID that purchased them.

That error message means that the ID originally used to purchase the app is not the ID currently signed into the mac App Store.

You said "Update unavailable with this Apple ID. This update is not available for this ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled."

Just what are you trying to update?

Have yo tried singing out of the Mack App Store and signing back in?

I have not has any problem when I did the same with my various new and used Macs.

Feb 6, 2016 9:55 AM in response to lllaass

Any app that I purchased on the 2008 is not showing up on the 2010. Doesn't matter which app it is all including CloudApp, MacGourmet and others.

Yes, I've signed out, signed in, deauthorize, reauthorized, went to apple id site, log in, saw all authorized devices available so its recognizing the 2010 Mac.

New Mac app store purchases not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.