Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does a magnetic case affect my iPhone 6s Plus?

Will carrying my iPhone 6s Plus in a magnetic case affect my phone?

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 5:31 AM

18 replies

Dec 26, 2017 1:36 PM in response to Vase2012

I have an iPhone 6 plus and i use a Vaja leather case with side hinged closure with rare earth magnets to keep the front flap closed. I have noticed many people saying my voice gets muffled or cut off during voice calls. However, the problem seems to go away when i remove the case. I try to make calls with the magnets as far from the phone as possible without removing the case, but this does not fully resolve the problem.

Mar 21, 2016 10:58 AM in response to BrianInBMore

BrianInBMore wrote:

My research has indicated Apple not recommendMing Magnetic cases due to effects on Signal, Image Stabilization and others. Including product disclosures.

Folks responding that there is no proble, please cite the Appke reference where this was verified.

If there are any Apple moderators, please chime in thanks.

Please site your source that says that Apple is not recommending the cases. And, Apple moderators will not "chime in" with anything here. That is not their job. A moderator/host is just here to ensure people follow the terms of service and they respond to reports of violations.

Mar 21, 2016 3:05 PM in response to BrianInBMore

This is a chat with a customer service agent? What issues were you experiencing with the case? They do not say what you quoted. Besides, Apple sells cases that use magnets at their retail stores. I've used magnetic closure cases with my iPhone 4s, 5s, and my iPad Minis. One of the Minis being a cellular version. The only issue anyone I'm aware of is a compass issue as described in an earlier post. Something a customer service agent says is not a recommendation from Apple.

Mar 21, 2016 4:34 PM in response to BrianInBMore

I'm telling you that I've not seen any issues with magnetic cases other than questions about compass issues. No other issues have been witnessed. Again, I have experience with a case and have not had any problems at all. Especially signal issues. Does this case remain on the device at all times? Even then, I'm not aware that it would cause any signal issues, and have not seen any reported.

Your decision is what works best for you. How others have experienced things is not really relevant.

Mar 21, 2016 5:41 PM in response to BrianInBMore

BrianInBMore wrote:

My research has indicated Apple not recommending Magnetic cases due to effects on Signal, Image Stabilization and others. Including product disclosures.

Folks responding that there is no problem, please cite the Apple reference where this was verified.

If there are any Apple moderators, please chime in thanks.

Apple does not participate in Apple Support Communities. this is a user-to-user technical support forum. And the moderators are not technical people; they won't know any more about it than anyone else.

Please cite the reference where Apple recommends against magnetic cases. I would be very surprised if they do, because Apple sells magnetic cases in Apple stores and the Apple online store. And I've been using cases with magnetic closures (bought from Apple) for almost 9 years with no ill effects.

Does a magnetic case affect my iPhone 6s Plus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.