Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Sharing on home network

Hi,

I installed a mac mini to function as a server for my iTunes library. Since it doesn't have a screen, I want to operate it using screen sharing. When the mac mini is connected through wifi, this runs without a problem (using either a MacBook or an iMac, both through wifi). However, I prefer to have the Mac Mini attached directly to my Time Capsule using a UTP cable, but then I can no longer access it using screen sharing. The Mac Mini can connect to internet when attached to the TC, so that connection seems to work fine. Do I need to change the configuration of the TC to allow screen sharing access from wifi to LAN?

Summary of the setup

Modem in bridge mode

TC as router (2.4 and 5Ghz networks separated)

Mac Mini (2007, mountain lion)

MacBook pro on El Capitan

iMac on Mavericks

Many thanks in advance,

Giovanni

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 5:40 AM

This is interesting one.. it should make no difference whether you use ethernet or wifi.

When you swap to ethernet.. please turn off the wireless on the mini and reboot the whole network..

What model is the TC?? I can try and reproduce the problem.

3 replies

Screen Sharing on home network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.