Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Wifi Issue

Hi,

I'm having some strange issues with the Wifi on my Macbook Pro. Due to hard drive failure I had to get a new hard drive ('New used lightly (Its out of a Windows laptop) but I followed all formatting instructions and everything is working besides the Wifi) and fresh install OS X Version 10.11.3 (El Capitan). I've googled for quite some time and found people discussing about similar problems.

However, they usually get some kind of error message saying 'Wifi hardware issue'.

My Macbook doesn't even know that the Wifi card exists. The Wifi option is nowhere in system preferences or on the top bar, and when I try to launch Wireless Diagnostics it just quits straight away. I have investigated the card, checked the connectors on the card/motherboard but with no results.

My bluetooth still works like the day I bought the Mac. I can easily discover other Macs and successfully connect to my iPhone 5s.

Any and all ideas are appreciated thanks.

Specs:

13-inch, Early 2011 model

2.3 GHz i5

4gb RAM

Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 5:31 AM

1 reply

Macbook Pro Wifi Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.