Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 won't load past apple screen

Iphone 5 won't load past apple screen, and will not restore via itunes - error 9

Not sure what OS I am running on the phone, but the PC is running windows 10.

The phone died last night, and I hooked it up to a wall charger. It began turning itself back on immediately, and showed the apple logo, then the apple logo faded, and it repeated the process every 30 seconds - 1 minute for a couple hours. At this point, I attempted a hard reset via itunes - the phone went to the screen telling me to connect the phone to itunes, and started the reset process, but didn't get beyond the apple logo loading screen. From there, itunes gave me an error message (error 9) stating that the phone cannot be restored.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

iPhone 5

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 6:27 AM

3 replies

Iphone 5 won't load past apple screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.