Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I print to PDF on my ipad

I've searched high and low and have found that Apple discontinued availability of apps that allow this. It's very useful on the Mac and I wondered if there is a way to print to PDF on my ipad.

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 7:04 AM

10 replies

Feb 21, 2017 8:27 PM in response to iCooke

You do it exactly as JBilderbeek described. I use this all the time on my iPad and iPhone to save PDFs to Dropbox and iCloud Drive (or any other app in the share sheet that can accept PDFs). It's one of the best new features introduced in iOS 10.

Unfortunately you can't change the default name of the PDF when saving it to iCloud, but you can when saving it to Dropbox. With iCloud you have to go into the iCloud Drive app after saving it and change it's name there. Irritating.

Alternatively you can use file management apps with built-in browsers such as Documents or iFile to save web pages directly as PDFs (which is what I used to use prior to iOS 10).

Mar 15, 2017 12:06 PM in response to David Shanahan

Actually yes, you can change the default name of the file in icloud drive too, it's just a bit hidden. All you need to do is save the pdf to your icloud drive by tapping "add to icloud" on the share sheet. Then open the icloud drive app and tap and hold on the icon for the file you just saved. When a black popup menu appears (just like the one you see when you copy and paste), tap on "rename..." and you can change the name of the file from there too, no need to use dropbox.

Oct 20, 2017 7:26 AM in response to Luigi A

Luigi A wrote:

Actually yes, you can change the default name of the file in icloud drive too, it's just a bit hidden. All you need to do is save the pdf to your icloud drive by tapping "add to icloud" on the share sheet. Then open the icloud drive app and tap and hold on the icon for the file you just saved. When a black popup menu appears (just like the one you see when you copy and paste), tap on "rename..." and you can change the name of the file from there too, no need to use dropbox.

That that is what they said.....They mentioned it was irritating that they had to go back into iCloud Drive and change it afterwards.

Oct 14, 2016 11:43 AM in response to iCooke

It is possible!

Create PDF

Also new in iOS 10, you’ll now be able to create a PDF from the print panel much like you have long been able to do on the Mac. After selecting Print, you can access the feature by pinching out from the print preview screen with two fingers and hitting the share menu in the upper right corner (or use peek and pop with 3D Touch instead of pinching). Any app that can accept PDF sharing will be under the share menu and you can send your newly created PDF from there.

Source:

https://9to5mac.com/2016/06/16/ios-10-airprint-bluetooth-beacon-create-pdf-print ing/

How do I print to PDF on my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.