Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie clips are in Library Events Original Media after update to to v10, and Events visible in iMovie, but clips don't show up in iMovie

I updated to iMovie 10. It created a new Library. When using Show Package Contents, I see the Events and the clips are in Original Media. When I open the application, I see the Events, but there are 0 clips shown in each Event. How do I get it to recognize the clips?

iMovie 10, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 6:57 AM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2016 2:08 PM in response to jeffkant

Hi there Jeffkant,

It sounds like you have imported content into your new iMovie library but there are no actual clips showing in the events you have in your library. I was thinking that there could be an issue with the new library, or something could have damaged the library when the import was done so I would start by creating a new library, one more time on the internal drive in your Movies folder:

iMovie (2013): Work with multiple libraries

If the issue persists with the new library, then I would create a new admin user on your computer and see if you can reproduce the issue there.

OS X El Capitan: Set up users on your Mac

Let me know how that goes so we can see about what to do next. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

iMovie clips are in Library Events Original Media after update to to v10, and Events visible in iMovie, but clips don't show up in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.