Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop Ripping Off Your Users

Hello.

I'd like to express my extreme annoyance about a matter: Whenever I change even a minor info in my Apple ID, I realized I am charged. For a supposedly prestigious company like Apple, this is such a cheap way to earn money. Why would you even need that kind of a measure? To prevent users from changing information constantly? Then make all the apps available in all stores so we won't need to switch. I changed the phone number then added an info to my billing address at different times of the same day and as a result I WAS CHARGED. If you are getting that cheap about earning money out of users who already paid you more than enough for their Apple products, then yes, I have the right to complain about even the seemingly insignificant amount of money I have been charged for adding few words to my Apple ID. My suggestion is stop trying to rip off your users if you intend to keep them as loyal.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 7:31 AM

Let's start out by saying you are not addressing Apple here. This is a user to user forum.

Second I can guarantee you didn't get charged for changing an address. It was likely for something else.

Contact Apple here

https://www.apple.com/support/country/

11 replies

Feb 6, 2016 7:13 AM in response to CKaya

Apple does not charge for changing details in your Apple ID. I think you might be talking about changing country stores. If that is what you are talking about, you can not have a balance in the old store before you can switch. If you don't have enough money left in the old store account, you might have to add more money to the account before you have enough money to make a purchase. You can also contact Apple for help in order to clear up a very small balance in one of the stores.

Is that what you are asking about?

Feb 6, 2016 7:14 AM in response to CKaya

CKaya wrote:

I'd like to express my extreme annoyance about a matter: Whenever I change even a minor info in my Apple ID, I realized I am charged.

You are not charged for making any changes in your Apple ID. Should you change the credit card connected to your account, a small hold (about the equivalent of $1 USD) will be placed on your account. Once the card is verified, the hold is released. No money is actually charged.

Feb 6, 2016 7:26 AM in response to CKaya

CKaya wrote:

I now connected to a country support channel. I didn't change my store, only my billing address an phone number. When I checked my bank account, I realized I was charged for the changes. Maybe about the verification of the card. I am trying to learn that. Thank you.

When you change the billing address, a verification hold was placed on the account. That's all.

Stop Ripping Off Your Users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.