Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Screen Randomly Unresponsive?

This morning my screen became unresponsive. I would tap on it and no response. I rebooted and no luck. I rebooted again and it worked. Then the problem returned. During this process I there was an update that I applied. I'd tell you what it is but I can't get the phone to work.

Sometimes when I do the power off it goes directly into a reboot instead of powering off. The fact that it will work sometimes leads me to believe that's it's not hardware. Anyone have any ideas?

And when I'm entering my password after a reboot, I press one key and another lights up.

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 7:33 AM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2016 4:09 PM in response to jangell2

Hi jangell2,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It looks like your iPhone screen is randomly unresponsive. Restarting was a good step, and I'd recommend going through these other steps from If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch:

Check your touchscreen

Make sure that your hands are clean and dry, then try these steps:

1. If you have a case or screen protector on your device, try removing it.
  2. Clean the screen with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth.
  3. Unplug your device.
  4. Restart your device. If you can't restart it, you can force restart your device.

If your touchscreen still doesn't respond like it should, contact Apple Support or take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

If your iPhone is completely unresponsive after applying the update, see If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or won't turn on.

All the best.

iPhone 6 Screen Randomly Unresponsive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.