Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my brand new macbook air wouldn't boot,a no entry sign appears and it doesn't boot

my brand new macbook air wouldn't boot,a no entry sign appears and it doesn't boot

MacBook Air, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 7:08 AM

8 replies

Jan 16, 2017 9:51 PM in response to wangchuk007

Well, I owned my Macbook air for merely two years. I had the exact same symtoms and I tried all the methods people mentioned here but no luck. I ended up taking it to the Genius Bar(Which they made you down load yet another Apple Support App), When I get there, they told me the logic board was fried, for no reason! The laptop wasn't even used in any intensive task other than web browsing. I have been a Mac user for more than 20 years, lately, my experience with Apple's product defects have been very disappointing. Macs just aren't what they are used to be anymore. Not reliable and expensive. My next purchase will not be a Mac any more.

Jan 17, 2017 4:44 AM in response to DesignerJOE

DesignerJOE wrote:

I ended up taking it to the Genius Bar(Which they made you down load yet another Apple Support App), When I get there, they told me the logic board was fried, for no reason!

Usually the tools at the Genius Bar are reliable and accurate. It is also faster and cheaper to replace the LB and get the customer up and running and have the LB diagnosed in a different setup to find what is wrong. Unless it has very serious issues, these are usually refurbished and reused.

I have been a Mac user for more than 20 years, lately, my experience with Apple's product defects have been very disappointing. Macs just aren't what they are used to be anymore. Not reliable and expensive. My next purchase will not be a Mac any more.

If you switch from Engineering to Marketing/Sales/Wall Street, there are many 'compromises' along the road to stardom. 😉. Apple still has better engineering than most others in the same market segment. Many users buy Macs to run Windows, instead of a PC.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.